Raindancer
Part I: Meter
The skies were so high so unmoving so silent and tears were denied to my crying - so violent
that I thought I'd break. Some moments we wake
and find our mistake in the prayers that we make.
and find our mistake in the prayers that we make.
Strength, twisted cold steely frozen blade-feel.
Love, grasping obsessive psyche-oppressed.
Love, grasping obsessive psyche-oppressed.
Truth is a ruler that gives with such cruel
specificity - who'll
deny playing the fool?
specificity - who'll
deny playing the fool?
Down to one knee we are forced to agree
that this is what we
said we wanted.
that this is what we
said we wanted.
Yes, this freeze had I asked - too weary to try
to embrace undefined powers that never replied
to embrace undefined powers that never replied
in a language I spoke. They droned and they joked
and their kindnesses broke all that had not been choked
by what wise ones call manna. But storms in savanna
still water, and can a small parched vox humana
and their kindnesses broke all that had not been choked
by what wise ones call manna. But storms in savanna
still water, and can a small parched vox humana
complain about friction, sharp stops, and constriction
when still it gives diction and daring depiction
when still it gives diction and daring depiction
to awe-trapping song? Somehow I went wrong
and focused on strong
when my soul cried for free.
and focused on strong
when my soul cried for free.
The windskygods sealed. The storm-snapped twigs healed...
but in time dry leaves peeled and lakebeds cracked weals.
When it's sell all or die castes meld; clans ally;
sold virgins take morphine IVs and comply.
sold virgins take morphine IVs and comply.
I was faded and roughened, so far from tough, and
I whimpered "enough" and awaited rebuff.
I whimpered "enough" and awaited rebuff.
And heavens spoke silent upharsins; I
still contemplate why it seems the divine
still contemplate why it seems the divine
is allowed to exceed, be too much, while we
are inadequacy
from our first borrowed breath.
are inadequacy
from our first borrowed breath.


Comments
Post a Comment